An Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer
Peak Mechanical Services is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Construction Accounts Payable/Staff Accountant
October 27, 2022
Construction Accounts Payable/Staff Accountant:
Peak Mechanical Services is a leading HVAC company in the Boston area. Peak is looking for a Full Time Accounts Payable/Staff Accountant with one to two years construction experience preferred but not required in the Pembroke office. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, have excellent communication skills and proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook and electronic accounting systems. We need a highly motivated and dependable person who is able to work independently and be able to multitask throughout the day. A bachelor's degree in accounting or in similar field is required.
Accounts Payable Responsibilities consisting of but not limited to the following:
Responsible for all accounting duties related to subcontractors
- Add all new subcontractors to the system after obtaining the W9 and COI for all new subcontractors and keep COIs up to date.
- Review, reconcile and enter all subcontractor invoices for all ongoing projects by working directly with the subcontractors and Project Managers for any discrepancies between contracts and invoices
- Reconcile statements from Subcontractors monthly
- Prepare all 2nd tier waivers for projects that require them.
- Monitor retention and upon payment on a project, release payment for Subcontractor once all requirements are fulfilled by subcontractor.
Responsible for preparing and processing bi-weekly check runs
- Review the Vendor aging and determine invoices to be paid
- Discuss with the owner to make final determination.
- Pull all invoices (working in conjunction with office manager) for check run.
- Process the check run and give to Controller to review and signoff.
- Mail the checks and file all related paperwork.
- Currently the controller is reviewing the aging and working with the owner but this will be transitioned to this candidate.
- Pull all invoices for check run
- Process the check run and give to Controller to review and signoff
- Email the Lien Waivers to each subcontractor and upon return of waivers, mail the checks and file all related paperwork
Responsible for paying and recording recurring monthly bills and all non-job invoices
- Enter all non-job related invoices consisting of but not limited to - Health insurance, business insurance, car payments, accounting, legal, utilities, IT maintenance, accounting maintenance etc.
- Record all payments made on Corporate AMEX
- Record all payments made monthly through auto withdrawal from bank
- Pay and record bills that aren't auto pay but paid on credit card on monthly basis
Field all A/P calls - vendors and subcontractors
Maintaining a Fixed Asset Excel spreadsheet for all items purchased throughout the year including the recording of Use tax if out of state vendor.
Maintaining a excel inventory spreadsheet for all the company trucks/vans.
Reviewing all loan balances on a quarterly basis to make sure Balance Sheet is correct.
Assist in Credit Applications for new vendors.
Responsible for maintaining and collecting new hire and rehire packages -
- Arrange for new hire packages to be delivered to job site and then returned. Review for any missing information. Scan into system once reviewed.
- Update the packages as needed with current tax forms
- This responsibility will be eliminated once we have the process automated.
Back up for the office manager and Controller in their absence.
Assist the Controller with the following:
- Quarter/Yearend Review
- Workers Comp/General Liability Insurance Audit
- Any other required Audits (i.e. Union)
- Day to Day tasks as necessary
- Special Projects
Once comfortable in the position as described, additional accounting work, currently performed by Controller, will be transitioned to the successful candidate. This position has great potential for growth and advancement over the next few years.Send Resumes to email@example.com
Assistant Project Manager
September 9, 2022
Job description is as follows but not limited to
Assistant Project Manager Construction:
Job summary- Assist Project Managers, Project Executives, and outside foreman in coordinating activities of a construction project to ensure cost, schedule, document control and quality standards are met. Exercise independent judgement related to day-to-day administration of a project.
Responsibilities - Consisting of but not limited to the following:
- Open New Construction Jobs.
- Input AIA and Budgets.
- Purchase orders.
- Change orders.
- AIA Billing. (Assist Project Management with monthly billing for ongoing projects)
- Review bid documents including drawings for accuracy.
- Assist with downloading drawings and updating construction bid list.
- Gather and file equipment quotes for bid folder.
- Gaither and file subcontractor quotes for scope review.
- Put complete bid folders together for Construction projects
Ongoing Construction projects.
- Review project logs (RFIs, Submittals, PCOs) weekly with PM
- Collect subcontractor change request to be reviewed by PM
- Assist with issuing POs, Subcontracts, change orders as it pertains to the project.
Project Close out.
- Distribute punch list items and follow up to ensure timely completion of punch list items per subcontractor and field foreman.
- Collect all necessary O&M document from all vendors for close out package.
- Dependable – must consistently follow through on assignments and tasks.
- Team Oriented- makes the most out of collaboration.
- Effective Communicator – communication is a must in this industry.
- Multitasker – must be able to switch between tasks, and adapt to change in a positive manner